I just took a group of people on a keto trip to Greece!
While in Greece, I ate a traditional Greek dish called Shrimp Saganaki! I ordered that 5 nights in a row! I love Shrimp Saganaki so much, I had to write a recipe for all of you!
TRADITIONAL SHRIMP SAGANAKI
In Greece, Shrimp Saganaki often uses a pinch of sugar. I asked the chef to not add it to mine and he said it would take longer to make it but he would do it. In my recipe for Easy Shrimp Saganaki, I added a pinch of stevia glycerite which is totally optional! Especially if you use fresh ripe tomatoes that are naturally sweet, the sweetener isn’t needed!
Shrimp Saganaki also traditionally uses Ouzo, which is a dry Greek wine. Since I do not drink alcohol, my Easy Shrimp Saganaki uses beef broth instead, but you could certainly use a dry wine to make yours more traditional.
TRIP TO GREECE
The trip to Greece was such an amazing experience! The friends I made with the group is indescribable. I had SO much fun with everyone! I LOVED how many of the women who came traveled alone and were adventurous enough to come by themselves and make friends for life!
We enjoyed special meals together with enjoying the most beautiful views!
I want you all to meet 2 VERY important women who came to Greece with me. They are not only important to me but you you too!
Leisa and Erin have been 2 of my recipe testers for the past 6 years!
If you have my book Keto Comfort Foods, Keto Instant Pot or Keto Air Fryer, these 2 women were EXTREMELY helping in perfecting my recipes
I am so grateful to be able to travel to Greece with such beautiful souls! They are the kindest friends a girl could ask for ❤️
Click HERE to learn more about my Keto Trip to Sicily next September!
WHERE TO GET EASY SHRIMP SAGANAKI INGREDIENTS
Most of you know I rarely go to the store!
Honestly, almost everything I used to make Easy Shrimp Saganaki was mailed to me! The shrimp, oil, the broth, the tomato sauce and the salt! My life is busy enough! I save time (and money) by supporting companies I love and having things mailed to me!
I understand that life gets busy and sometimes we need to find shortcuts.
This is why I worked with my favorite keto companies to get coupon codes for all of you!
AND TODAY you can get FREE Cold-Cracked Lobster Meat and New York Strip Steaks in your first box when you sign up for Butcherbox!
Click HERE to find discounts on quality keto products without having to go to the store!~
Easy Shrimp Saganaki
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or butter)
- 1 small onion, diced fine
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3½ cups diced fresh tomatoes (or 1 28oz can diced tomatoes)
- cup tomato sauce
- cup beef or chicken broth (OR dry white wine or ouzo)
- teaspoon Redmond Real salt
- teaspoon pepper
- OPTIONAL: teaspoon stevia glycerite (optional sweetener)
- 1 pound large or extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined (click HERE for FREE Shrimp)
- cup feta cheese, crumbled (omit if dairy free)
- Garnish with fresh parsley
- Place the oil into a large skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add the diced onion and cook 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes and cook 1 minute longer until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and their juices, tomato sauce, broth (or ouzo), salt, pepper and stevia if using.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until the sauce is thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet. Cook 5-6 minutes until shrimp are cooked through and turn pink, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese. Cover the skillet and allow the feta to melt. Remove the cover and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve warm.
317 Calories, 16g Fat, 29g Protein, 13g Carbs, 2.5g Fiber
P:E Ratio 1:1
Doesn’t Kelly look AMAZING??? I am SO proud of her!
“I came across this first photo the other day. I keep going and looking back at it as I don’t remember being that overweight.
This 1st photo I weighed in at 195-200lbs. I avoided the scale and tried my best to find/use ones that weren’t accurate. I finally got it together, addressed food allergies and started exercising.
I have made plenty of mistakes along the way…. trusted a Doctor that pushed pills, not a better way to eat… At least for now I get to live with the consequences of that. I have been doing this Keto for 5 years, off and on… I also admit I didn’t fully understand how to do clean Keto until my health problems surfaced in June of this year. Now I have the power to heal myself, the energy to lose what is needed and maintain what I have.
I still look in the mirror and see myself heavier.. But I weigh 130lbs and that is this way of life and the CrossFit family that has encouraged me… it is my family and all their love/support!
Thank you so much Craig and Maria Emmerich for all you do & are doing! You have saved me from the fate of my 1st husband and made it to where my 8 yr old grandson has to work at it to keep up with me! – Kelly
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my Mind-blowing Keto School!
Click HERE to check out my supplement plans!